Rehabilitation & Wellness
Because you've never been one to sit anything out.
Sometimes even the most active and independent people need a little help getting back on their feet after surgery, injury or illness.
We cultivate wellness for body, mind and spirit—helping our short-stay guests stabilize, rehabilitate and return to normal activities.
Working closely with a multidisciplinary team of skilled health professionals, our rehab guests receive state-of-the-art rehabilitation care and endless hospitality as they heal and renew in a caring environment.
You'll experience coordinated care with frequent visits from members of our multidisciplinary team, including:
- AMDA-certified medical director and attending physicians that craft your care experience as a rehab guest
- Physician assistants and advance practice nurses
- Licensed and professional nursing staff
- Licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Social services staff
- Registered dieticians
- Life Enrichment staff
Individualized Care Programs
Our multidisciplinary rehabilitation teams develop individualized care programs for:
- Hip, knee and shoulder replacement
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Wound care
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Splinting and orthotic intervention
- Swallowing/Dysphagia precautions
- Post-trauma (such as fall or car accident)
- Specialized home exercise
- Pre-discharge home assessments
Types of Therapy
Our Rehabilitation and Wellness program integrates traditional and alternative therapies based on the needs of individual guests.
- Physical therapy. Using customized exercises and therapies, our physical therapy professionals help people of all ages increase strength, relieve pain and increase mobility.
- Occupational therapy. When health conditions limit a person's ability to manage the activities of daily life, our team of occupational therapists help guests remain as independent as possible with customized treatment programs and adaptive recommendations.
- Speech therapy. Our speech therapy professionals and language pathologists work with guests to resolve communication, memory, eating and swallowing problems.
- Therapeutic recreation. Therapeutic recreation uses life skills, leisure activities, recreation and play to promote health and wellness while helping people lead full and satisfying lives.
Throughout rehabilitation, therapists monitor each guest's condition and provide frequent progress reports to guests and family members.
We're a partner on your journey to wellness, and strive for seamless care transitions from hospital, to healing, to home. Once you've completed your stay, our care navigation program provides support to help keep you well and prevent readmission to the hospital.
Rehabilitation Services are available at the following communities:
The Mercy Community, West Hartford
Holy Cross, South Bend
St. Paul's, South Bend
The Alverno, Clinton
Mount Saint Joseph Residence & Rehabilitation, Waterville
Bellbrook, Rochester Hills
Fraser Villa, Fraser
Glacier Hills, Ann Arbor
White Lake Rehabilitation & Wellness, White Lake
Sanctuary at McAuley, Muskegon
Sanctuary at the Park, Muskegon
Sanctuary at Saint Mary's, Grand Rapids
St Joseph of the Pines, Southern Pines
(Services listed may not be available at all communities. Contact a community directly for more information.)